Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What this all means

So I have had a few people asking questions about what is next so I thought I would explain it all since adoption can sometimes be so confusing.
So in the state of Arizona you are required to first be approved by the state to adopt before submitting the paperwork for international adoption to immigration and getting approved on a federal level. Clint and I are now approved to adopt in Arizona. We are now getting all the paperwork together to send it all in and in about 2 weeks we will be given a date to get our fingerprints clearance done. Our social worker told us that we can pretty much plan from that date we will be a month out and that would be the time to buy plan tickets and set court dates for Ghana. So we could potentially be bringing our girls home before the youngest 1st birthday!!!! I feel like I might burst from excitement, stress, happiness, anxiety, but most of all just pure joy at the thought of finally being a mother of 2 adorable little girls and the fact that I get to see my 3 little African angels again even if just for a short time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment